Already have a Username/Password for TAB: The Journal of Poetry & Poetics?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The Author is not directly affiliated with Chapman University and has not been for at least three years.
- The submission is original poetry, prose related to poetry or poetics, or artwork related to poetry or poetics. The submission has not appeared elsewhere, and the Author will notify TAB immediately if it is.
- Poems are single-spaced; prose is double-spaced. If the submission is scholarly, citations use MLA style.
- Text submissions are in RTF (or Word) file format; Art submissions are in JPEG file format. A PDF can be submitted for poems with special text formatting.
- The full name and email address of the author/artist is included within the file being submitted. The file name includes the last name of the author/artist.
- A bio note of no more than 50 words will be entered in the appropriate box during the submission process.
- If the work is poetry and is accepted, the author is willing to submit an MP3 audio file of the author reading the work. All electronic issues in 2015 will include audio for poems. TAB can provide recording tips. In rare instances (e.g., health problem or lack of private computer access), TAB will accept permission to record a poem if the author is unable to provide the MP3 file.
Copyright reverts back to author upon publication. Work published subsequently should credit TAB: The Journal of Poetry & Poetics.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. TAB uses individual names and addresses to correspond directly with authors about their submissions. TAB will also use the mailing list to announce journal news, information about Tabula Poetica: The Center for Poetry at Chapman University, and share related information with our registered members. TAB does not share its list with entities external to the university.